miércoles, 9 de abril de 2014

Again

Another night of again.
Alone again.
I failed again.
Discouraged again.
Weary again.
Want to run again.
The empty again.
Problems again.
I didn’t again.
I can’t again.

But then…
Again.
Again is for

Kneeling again,
Accepting the broken again,
Exposing the pain again:
The loss,
The fetters,
The idiocy,
The sin,
The excuses.
Undiverting the gaze
Unflinching,
Numbering,
Naming,
Forcing it all out of hiding.

Again is for
Repenting,
Apologizing,
Opening grasp,
Reaching skyward,
Releasing,
Cupping hands,
And receiving

Again, and again, and again.

Funny what was done once for all
Serves every single one of my agains.
Would I live on for eons
In this miserable hit-and-miss
Not even my billion agains
Could remotely hint at rippling
The infinity of his once-for-all.


"And by that will 
we have been sanctified
through the offering 
of the body of Jesus Christ 
once for all."
(Hebrews 10.10, ESV)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario